steel magnolia

Monday, December 04, 2006

McHardy McWedding

I'm going to Scotland!!

With her Masters ordeal behind her, my sister has finally taken off the labcoat and emersed herself in some wedding planning. As maid of honour, I've been a little apprehensive about having to wear a cookie-cutter bridesmaid dress for the second time (sorry Marina, but there was a reason I changed after the ceremony).

So I'm thrilled to hear that the big fat wedding was cancelled and instead our families are going to Scotland next fall for a small, modest ceremony.

Looks like I'm wearing plaid!

Pat and I are so excited. No one in my family has ever been there. I myself have always wanted to see the UK, especially London, but now that I've been looking at pictures of Castles all morning I am soooo hyped! I want to watch Trainspotting and Four Weddings & a Funeral RIGHT NOW.

If anyone who reads this has been to Scotland and has any suggestions of where to get married or where to visit while we're there, please comment or email me!

Yipppeeeee!

1 Comments:

  • At 4.12.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I spent one day in Edinbourgh and this is what i suggest: bring three raincoats for different ocassions of course, and fun "i can jump in puddle boots". Also be prepared for some whiskey tasting and a tour of the many breweries. i would say get to the bars EARLY because they close at 11 pm...then again you could meander on to the clubs..which are open all night.. but you must experience a nice ol' jolly beer in an ol' jolly scottish/british/ ukish.. bar... thats where it all started.. four weddings and a funeral?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home