steel magnolia

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Health kick...in the ASS

I have not had a great week. If at all possible, the coming week looks worse. I haven't had nearly enough time to do anything and there have been constant obstacles at every turn. I made a list of "things-to-do" for LAST Monday. Almost half of those things are on tomorrow's "to-do" list!
I'm so behind...no wonder I feel like an ASS.

To make matters worse, I had the delusional notion that a nice work-out would make me feel better.

HA!

Contrary to popular belief, I have been to the gym before. In fact, I even owned (and used) a membership. I used to box for God's sake. And I wasn't bad!

I've been sore before, but nothing could prepare me for THIS. I could barely move this morning and I have to walk like I have a fucking pipe up my ass. I am never doing anything "healthy" again. This old body just can't handle it.

As part of my recent health kick, my meals lately have consisted mostly of halloween candy. Right now I'm partial to SpongeBob SquarePants yogurt-covered raisins.

Pat and I did enjoy a nice dinner at his work Christmas party, although it was strange to be talking about Christmas this early, and on Rememberance Day.

Speaking of Christmas...my dad sent me a funny rendition of 'Hava Nagilah' on YouTube.

Like many girls of my background, I've heard versions of the Jewish folksong countless times, at Weddings, Bar Mitzvah's and even birthday parties.

I have never seen anything like this.

Ladies and Gentleman, Hava Nagilah, Thai style. Click here to watch.

1 Comments:

  • At 13.11.06, Blogger Mike said…

    Yeah, fuck health. I'm in the midst of my third all-nighter in as many weeks, I've drank more in the last couple weekends than the two months (save that one Fuktoberfest) prior, and I couldn't possibly be eating less healthy - and I actually feel much better.

    People get too engrossed in physical health and neglect psychic, social and emotional health, all of which are benefitting from the massive physical health detriments.

    And I know no one agrees and I sound like an idiot, but I am okay with that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home