steel magnolia

Monday, November 13, 2006

"Nearly half of Canadians find security laws intrusive: study"

I think the findings of this study are a shame.

I'm not saying that North Americans should blindly trust the government. But I think we need to take moveis like "Conspiracy Theory" and "Enemy of the State" a bit less seriously.

I find planes going into large buildings in NYC intrusive. I find Air Canada flights being bombed by terrorists intrusive.

Since when do we hold our privacy in higher regard than our safety? I'm really not concerned about the wearabouts of "my information." I wouldn't be concerned if my every movement was filmed in the street if it meant that anything between an assault on an individual to a terrorist attack could be deterred or, at the very least, punished.

The only reason you should be worried about your privacy is if you have something to hide. If someone is buying bomb materials I think authorities definitely have the right to know about it. They have better things to do than worry about someone's recent Stag Shop purchases or street-corner weed transactions. The only ones who should be concerned are dangerous criminals like Hell's Angels and terrorists. Why should the rest of us protect them?

1984 was a good book. I enjoyed it. I'm sure everyone enjoyed it. Just realize "Big Brother" isn't out there watching your every move...you're simply not important enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home