steel magnolia

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Life is what happens...

I think it was John Lennon who said "life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."

I haven't written here in a long time. I have an amazing job with the city doing a project that has come to mean a lot to me. I used to hate this city until I worked for it. Then again, this is my first summer here. I would love any place in the world as long as it was summer. I take care of Sally and that keeps me busy too. I volunteer every week at a distress centre. I do Cord stuff, as usual. I spend a lot of time with Pat.

I realized I don't want to spend the next ten years in school doing research and that I don't need to make a career of helping people. I can do whatever I want for money and help people for free. I've decided not to pursue a PhD anymore. I want to do PR. Quite a turnaround, I know. That's the beautiful thing about life and being this age.

Ah, this age. I feel really old. I like being 21. I'll miss it.

My mom came to visit and I'm so glad she did. We really caught up. She really needs me right now and even though I wish I could help her more, it's a good feeling to be needed.

We saw "The Lakehouse" last Friday. A lot of people in the theatre laughed at parts that I don't think were supposed to be funny. Some people left and said it was stupid. I loved it. It really moved and touched me. Maybe I'm the last girl on Earth who believes in that kind of magic.

The movie was all about timing, which I have always said is everything when it comes to love. Timing and magic.

Today I feel like a lot of things are about to change. I can usually predict these things, the way elephants ran up hills before the big tsunami and the way my dog gets really sad and nervous hours before a storm because she can feel it coming and she's scared of storms.

I'm a little scared...but I know I'm strong. I can handle change. In fact, I welcome it.

1 Comments:

  • At 18.6.06, Blogger April said…

    "We're going to smoke lots of pots." hehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home