steel magnolia

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Kvetching

Last night, before we fell asleep, Pat and I watched a news piece on Puppy Mills. It seems like every year, there's a story on these things, and our Liberal provincial government has no intentions on doing anything about it any time soon. The images we saw give me chills, and made me cuddle Sally just a little bit tighter. We got her at a pet store 9 years ago and as much as I hate to admit it, she probably came from a puppy mill herself.

I have an interview with the City of Waterloo tomorrow and I want the job so bad I can taste it. Unfortunately, the part-time job I got last week is probably out the window now that I didn't show up today or yesterday. I keep getting sick. Feeling well is no longer the norm, but rather a luxury. I don't really know what I'm doing different or wrong. All I know is that I get that panicked feeling, like I'm falling behind and everything is falling apart and waiting for me to fix it. And I just don't have the energy for anything anymore. I hate this feeling, that I can't rely on myself and always have to expect the unexpected. I want to be consistent.

Well this is enough kvetching to last me the month, so I'll come back with something positive to say later. If I can't think of anything, I'll just bluff.

3 Comments:

  • At 16.5.06, Blogger April said…

    Good luck with your interview Pinchy! Go get'm.

    Take some quality time to feel better. Don't make yourself feel guilty.

     
  • At 16.5.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Puppy mills are so evil. But Sally's a soulja, just like you.

    -K

     
  • At 17.5.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i wish u luck today, and lots of lovelovelovelovelove. ps. happy may 2-4, i hope u're feeling better. miss ya.
    watch c.r.a.z.y., you'll LOVE it.


    a visit from me is in order all too soon!


    love, karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home