steel magnolia

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Confessions of a Bon Vivant

I am so excited about Paris. I wasn't before. In fact, I didn't think it would happen and I wasn't even sure if I could or would go.

But then every time I step outside my house onto rocks, mud, gravel and dust and every time my thoughts are interrupted by the sound of machines destroying things and firehouse bells and ambulance sirens I realize...I have to get the hell out of here!

It's getting harder to concentrate at work because I keep zoning out and thinking about the trip. I can see myself there, at la Tour Eiffel, strutting down Champs Elysees, salivating from all the designer yumminess around me...Sitting at some cafe sipping espresso with a long french cigarette...watching the city float by as we enjoy cocktails on the River Seine...

And I wonder how and when and why suddenly in my life that has been so plagued with shitty luck, did I suddenly fall upon such an amazing opportunity. I fear I will become spoiled from the happiness I'm just not really used to and never, ever recover.

I can't wait to see this city. I have a feeling I might belong there.

6 Comments:

  • At 1.8.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I asked in another post but when are you going, who with and can I come please?

     
  • At 1.8.06, Blogger Mish said…

    I'm going at the end of the month...reveal yourself 'anon' and I will tell you all you wish to know! :P

     
  • At 1.8.06, Blogger Mish said…

    Oh hi Lianne *eyeroll*
    I'm dumb.
    How's Mus-coke-a? hahahaha
    I'll call u tonite

     
  • At 1.8.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey biatch!! I wanna come visit you friday..answer your phone goddamn it or give me a holla!!

    HOLLA!

     
  • At 1.8.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S. lets go white water rafting at the grand bend... plllsssss.. haha.

     
  • At 2.8.06, Blogger Emm said…

    AHAHHA I love that beav pic!! I'll see you next week - have a great weekend :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home