steel magnolia

Monday, July 10, 2006

X squared & a tattoo

1) Oh how I hate those retarded couples who keep breaking up and getting back together again.
Let it be my new mantra.

My new best friend is my ex boyfriend. Is that even possible? It's a shame that we couldn't get along this fabulously as a couple. Some people just treat their "others" differently from their friends. Maybe we are those types of people.

I'm beginning to think a relationship is just a habit...and each relationship is unique with a protocol set very early on for how those two people relate to each other. Was our relationship just a series of escalating bad habits? Are you my bad habit?

Maybe certain people just clash within the context of certain relationships and flourish in the context of others.

I like to think that it's all just his fault. Here's a question: do people change? And for how long?

2) Tattoos

I have wanted a tattoo for over five years now. There is one reason I haven't done it yet and it isn't about pain or money or any foolishness like that. It's sheer indesiciveness. Plus I had set the most rediculous and unrealistic prerequisite for getting a tattoo - I have to first define myself and then, as if that isn't impossible enough, I have to find a symbol that encompasses that definition.

I'm 22. How could I possibly define myself?

I've settled on a seashell. I think...ugh. Any thoughts?

3 Comments:

  • At 10.7.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how does a seashell define you?

     
  • At 10.7.06, Blogger Mish said…

    Oh they don't, I just like them.
    I think it symbolizes giving up on defining myself and just doing what feels right in the moment.

    ps. *your birthday is coming up...oooooooooooooooooh!!*

     
  • At 10.7.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Michelle...my shell... ? I like it. What about a bell?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home