steel magnolia

Friday, July 28, 2006

"Michelle, Plan Your Disney Wedding Today"

This was the subject line of an email I received today.

Not to sound bitter or anything, but um...

At what trade show from hell did I give my email address to the kinds of people who send me crap like this? I'd like to send them a little package as well... "hey asshole, plan your funeral today. you never know." Maybe I'm not engaged TODAY. Not everyone in the world is getting married. Fuckers.

Thank you Disney, for making me vomit TODAY.

p.s. If I WAS to get married, it wouldn't be a disneyfied piece of shit wedding, it would be organic and unique, something you people seek to destroy in this world.

4 Comments:

  • At 28.7.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Married life isn't so bad. (just dont have kids!)

    Youre birth day present is on the way!

     
  • At 31.7.06, Blogger MM said…

    I just love the rage in this post. Your bitter pessimism makes me smile :)

    The only spam-like emails I get are for cheap meds, sex drugs and penis enlargers.... and I think i'm going to opt out. Although, none of them have my name in the subject line ;)

     
  • At 31.7.06, Blogger April said…

    I was recently remembering how my aunt and uncle went to Disney World for their honeymoon in the early 90s. That's the last friggin place I'd want to go. A place of manufactured desire and fake happiness. How about creating your own happiness, free-of-charge?

     
  • At 31.7.06, Blogger Mish said…

    Yes, I think we had the "reasons why we hate Disney" chat at the retreat.

    There's something really creepy about having Disney weddings marketed to me. Do I fit some kind of demographic of the typical woman getting married who likes Disney...? I really have no idea why I got this, but I'm sure it has to do with being a maid-of-honour. Twice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home