steel magnolia

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Blog

While the archives only go as far back as March, this blog was actually started about a year ago...

It was a strange time, living back "home" in the greater Toronto and surrounding area (aka Thornhill), dealing with a bit of a personal crisis which somehow led to me starting this. It seems like more than 12 months since then, when I think of all of the things I have come to terms with.

So, officially I have been a blogger for a year now - not a particularly good one, but dedicated.

I thought by now I would have figured out what this thing was for. Certainly it's not to showcase my writing talents as most of this is venting and junk. It's hard to keep a true diary when you are aware that others are reading it. And I am not really the type to open up political discussion as I get dizzy every time I try to establish an opinion.

If anything, this blog has served as partly a diary, a punching bag, a newsletter for friends and loved ones far away, a procrastination tool and a nasty habit.

Happy Birthday Blog - may you grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home