steel magnolia

Friday, August 04, 2006

Animal Shelter Tragedy

I saw something on the news this morning that brought me to tears.
An SPCA animal shelter in Midland caught fire last night when it was struck by lightening, killing as many as 30 kitties and other small animals.

Thankfully 27 cats, puppies and older dogs were rescued, but they all suffered terrible burns, eye damage and other injuries. Just the thought of these innocent animals suffering, and some being trapped and helpless in the midst of a raging fire is just heart-breaking.

Please click here to learn more about this and how you can make a donation to the SPCA, as now they all need a new home and money for treatment. I'm sending a cheque for $20...I know it's not much, but I don't get paid until next Friday and it's all I can do.

On a lighter note, today is the most beautiful day I have seen in a while. If there is a place in the world where every day is like this, please let me know and I will move there!

Wednesday we booked our flight and hotel package for Paris. THIS is the place we're staying at. I requested a room with a balcony and view of the Arc de Triomphe on Champs Elysees. I am so fricking excited I could scream!

The view!

2 Comments:

  • At 4.8.06, Blogger April said…

    Holy Michelle!! You are going to be so CLOSE to the Arc de Triomphe! I was there when I was in grade 12 for a school trip. So cool! You'll never want to leave! When is your trip?

     
  • At 8.8.06, Blogger MM said…

    I've been there to Michelle and its fantastic. Although i was just 16 when I went and the main novelty was that I could buy liquor in the grocery store. I'd love to go again and actually experience the city without the preoccupation of the excitement of underage drinking. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home