steel magnolia

Monday, June 26, 2006

update

Surprisingly, I actually had a great birthday.

As it approached, I really hoped it would pass quietly. In many ways (compared to previous years) it did, and yet there were so many kind little things, from friends, family, friends of family and loved ones that gave me tiny boosts of 'yay' throughout the days. And Friday just could not have possibly been more fun, even though we were at Rev and surrounded by what truly was a conglomeration of the ugliest and most obnoxious people in southern Ontario. Saturday at El Mocambo was great, except for the shooting that occured across the street at 7-11 as we entered the club. That just wasn't cool. But wow...even though all of us felt sick at one point in the night (expected given the lack of sleep), break beats and funk are a combination you can never go wrong with. The Queen remix was great too, and still in my head. To end a perfect weekend perfectly, I had the opportunity to go to see a friend's sweetass boat and pass out on the beach.

Thank you to everyone for all the little things you did...whether it was cookies, cake or tequilla. They made a big difference.

1 Comments:

  • At 27.6.06, Blogger MM said…

    You're more than welcome for the trip to the boat!! It was really my pleasure. I don't get to see you very often - or when I do, I'm usually intoxicated beyond recognition - so it was nice see you! Still love your comment about the A+ life - I put it on my chalkboard in my apartment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home