steel magnolia

Monday, April 10, 2006

, said the shotgun to the head

(An excerpt from...)
i cannot make
your past disappear
only rabbits, my love,
only rabbits

One of the best parts of the weekend was when Julia introduced me to this amazing book by poet Saul Williams.

"You have to read it outloud," she told me, when I was clearly confused by his wordplay. So I read aloud.

All the poems string together a cryptic story that, to be honest, I think I will have to read the book a few more times to understand. First Irina had it, then Jewles had to buy one, and I'm getting it next. This thing will spread like wild fire.
I surrendered
my beliefs
and found myself
at the tree of life
injecting my story
into the veins
of leaves
only to find that stories
like forests
are subject to seasons
~by Saul Williams

2 Comments:

  • At 11.4.06, Blogger CR said…

    Oh man, Saul Williams opened for Nine Inch Nails when I saw them last time, and he was pretty awesome. The last song he did was fantastic, I wish I knew the name of it. It takes guts to get up and open for Nine Inch Nails, but he did a really good job of winning the crowd over.

     
  • At 12.4.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i would like to read this as well when you are done.

    but adam smith had some good prose also -you should give him a try.

    -pat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home