steel magnolia

Sunday, April 09, 2006

For anyone who needs a good laugh...

More of these stylish (and disturbing) accessories here.

Also check out: "Fruity Man Bag with Leafy Back"

Today is a sad day...Julia is leaving for Greece on Wednesday, and it's just kicking in that she'll be gone, and that I've taken her being so close for granted. After all, Toronto is much closer than Greece.

Also, one of the cutest little creatures I've ever seen, Carly's dog Oliver, died this weekend. I've never known anyone to take care of anything the way she cared for that dog. I'm so sorry this happened.

The past couple weeks have been absolutely horrible days, sandwiched between weekends that have been incredibly awesome... with all the Cord stuff last weekend, and then going to the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto with Pat and going to Republik with the girsls last night...the theme has been "goodbye."
I didn't say goodbye enough. Goodbye Jewles.

I was surprised when Pat asked me how I felt about it being April. It was like he read my mind. 9 months. A lifetime. I can't imagine what things would be like right now. As long as it happens one day...that's all that matters.

Karebear, thank you for everything this weekend. For picking me up from downtown and driving me to the subway this morning (even though your driving scares me sometimes). And though we only talked for a little bit this morning, there were some things you said that were really reassuring (I think you know what I'm referring to) and it meant a lot.

More than anything, I'm so glad for the talk I had tonight with Pat. I'm sorry for holding back so much and you have every reason to have been frustrated lately. My silence has always been a problem, and not just for us. It's easier not to deal with things in the short run, but it always feels better once you talk.

It's nice, though, just to idle on the surface of things. Sometimes when I go too deep, I can't breathe.

Anyway, these crazy man-purses made me laugh. In times like these, you have to laugh.

1 Comments:

  • At 10.4.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And look, they're on sale! The innovator clutch man looks just like my dad. Creepy.
    -K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home