steel magnolia

Monday, April 03, 2006

Terrorist Attack in Toronto?

From the Globeandmail:
Toronto police, dismissing fears that it was a terrorist's attack, said the man brought a can of gasoline into the washroom at the Tim Hortons on Yonge Street just north of Bloor Street, around 1 p.m. Another man went into the men's room, smelled the fumes and ran out. Seconds later, customers heard a loud bang. The ceiling collapsed, leaving wiring visible, and a 10-litre container remained in the washroom.
***
Apologies to anyone I told there was a terrorist attack in TO. I should stop getting my news from Pat (just kidding baby, love you).
Seriously though, it's funny to think that what the trade centre is for New York and what double-decker buses are for London, Timmy's is for Southern Ontario. What else can you expect from a place that most definitely puts crack in their coffee?

P.S. For any pseudo-patriot who doesn't already know, Tim's is NOT Canadian. Hasn't been for about a decade.

P.P.S. Thanks Karebear for posting India Arie on your blog!!! You made my day...I hope you girls loved Block Party as much as I did. Takes me back... xoxoxo

"One thing 'bout music, when it hits you feel no pain..."

2 Comments:

  • At 4.4.06, Blogger Emm said…

    hahaha, I received that news from Brandon with "Somebody blew themself up in a Toronto Tim's" to which I responded, "EW!" I shouldn't be laughing, but you're right about the World Trade centre - it would be the Bloor and Bedford Tim's in my opinion.
    BEAVER BOMB!

     
  • At 12.4.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah sorry about that one, you know how i feel about it.

    i wonder what ever did happen? I guess a simple suicide isn't as newsworthy as bogus reports of terrorism or a crack addict lighting his pipe (as per original news releases)

    -love pat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home