steel magnolia

Friday, March 24, 2006

From http://www.fondationbrigittebardot.fr

"Blinded by their trust in the human being, the 15 day old baby seals are easily approached by hunters. They are then savagely beaten out of their senses with enormous clubs and cut up directly, despite the fact that some are still alive, in front of the very eyes of other small ones that are to be massacred only moments later. The tragedy is witnessed by powerless mothers that often stay for days next to the small one weltering in its blood, deprived of its fur and abandoned on the ice by its murderers; they try to warm up the naked corpse and feed it…"

This is a tough one. They're so cute! But as always, politics is not two-dimensional.

And then she goes a little too far...

This is why I hate radicals and no one listens to them. Because they're crazy.

4 Comments:

  • At 24.3.06, Blogger CR said…

    This doesn't have anything to do with baby seals, but yes, you can have the Carrie poster. I'll bring it to the office. And I love that you have that Magritte painting as your icon; I love him.

     
  • At 25.3.06, Blogger Emm said…

    I'd totes be a crazy activist for baby beavers!! Join me Pinchy!

     
  • At 26.3.06, Blogger Mish said…

    1) Nobody would EVER club a beaver

    2) Thanks for the insightful comment Tudor. I think culling is a great idea. That's why war is good too (just kidding...sort of).

    Seriously though, as my boyfriend pointed out, it's just because they're so cute. Lobsters are massacred inhumanely but nobody cares because they're ugly.

     
  • At 29.3.06, Blogger April said…

    My dad traps beavers. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home