steel magnolia

Monday, April 17, 2006

Jesus is still my homeboy (happy "eastover")

Even though the internet is officially cancelled and everything is unhooked, I'm getting internet, intermittently. I'll take it as a sign from above that Jesus wants me to blog. Or that I'm picking up a neighbour's signal. Whatevs.

As per usual, the long weekend was too short. There was cottaging and loving and chinese food. Being with my boyfriend and doing very little else is still my most treasured past-time. I finished my own bottle of shiraz, got quite drunk and the rest is not blog-appropriate. I went to Thornhill to see my mom for her birthday, along with my sister and my bro-in-law-to-be.

On the way back to Waterloo my sister and I talked about our parents and how miserable (maybe that's harsh, but for lack of better words) they are and how there wasn't anything we could do about it.

It's hard to celebrate with my mom. She's never very happy. I left Waterloo last Thursday so confused about the direction of my life, and seeing my family was a reminder of the things that propelled me here. I could never help her. I thought maybe if I could become some kind of doctor or psychologist, I could make up for it one day by helping everyone else.

I haven't seen my dad in a while, since before he went to Tokyo. He's on my case about health lately, trying to get me to eat mushy brown rice and omega and flax seeds and fish. I'm sure Pat wouldn't mind either. I can't go into the extent to which I don't care about my health, but it's pretty extreme. I know I'd pay for every last bit of it too. I'm going to change that (I've done it before). Well, I'm going to try.

It's strange being back here without my girls. I miss them. I'm looking for a job and doing some left-over work from the term that I really don't feel motivated to do at all. I don't feel like going anywhere or seeing anyone. I'm sort of enjoying being alone in the empty house, even though it's creepy.

I feel completely tired and cloudy lately. I think I'm getting sick again or on the verge of some catastrophe. There are two things that come to mind...one thing within me, invisible to the naked eye, and another thing outside of me that I never see coming. I've been sandwiched between these things for so long I just want one of them to go away.